Tuesday

What I read in reverse order!

Last weekend, i read an article written by Germaine Greer about her experience with Diane Arbus. first of all & for obvious reasons,i was delighted to read that she refered to Arbus as a street Photographer.I think the article was either in the weekend Guardian magazine or the Observer.I was very tired when i read it but i think the article was less compimentary to Arbus than any other article i have ever read ( unless i misunderstood it due to fatigue!! ) but it seemed to me the what really upset Germaine Greer was lack of "control" which i thought was self inflicted, & the visibility of all her porse, no make up & a bad hair do!!! Femenist!! now at that time i had not even seen this picture & off course i didnt know Diane Arbus. But I thought, well, who forced you to lay on the bed on your back?? why not say, get off my chest when Arbus climed up?? & what was wrong with that anyhow??? PORSE? hairdo?? Make up?? Vanity!!?? any how, there was certainly a big POP at Arbus in the article even though it ends a bit smoother, I thought. So a few days later, I get a copy of the PREVIOUS weeks weehend Guardian magazine & Shazem! there is another article about Diane Arbus's V & A exhibition in London & in it, there is the picture of Germain Greer with no make up, all porse showing. u cant really see the hairdo but i thought it was irrelevant anyhow. this editorial was written by non other than Peter Crookston & was a delight to read. & as for the picture miss Greer, u worried about it too much. its a portrait, thats all. I thought for a few moments "what" words would describe the look in her eye & I had to imagine that i didnt know about Arbus was sitting on her chest!! I had to imagine that Miss Greer was not worried about her Porse or make up & hairdo, I had to imagine that I had not read the article about it. & then I thought, u know, If Miss Greer had not made it public knowledge hersef, would anyone know or how could u tell from the picture that someone was on her chest or any other details!!?? does she look worried?? Frightened?? upset?? annoyed?? tired?? depressed?? may be the picture was taken standing up?? I gave up thinking about it. I think its just an "honest" picture with great detail.

So....Miss Germain Greer, may I extend an invitation to u of a portrait sitting for me please?? I'll be great. & I promise, I wont sit on your chest, honest. So, how about it???
need to rush now..........

No comments: